Best Tips from Weight Watchers Meetings

I attended WW meetings in West L.A. (at the Olympic/Pico center) for about 2 years, every Saturday morning. I had the BEST leader in the world, Elaine. She was a lady with a lot of experience and a great sense of humor, and a "roll-with-it" attitude that made you feel you really could do it, and that you didn't have to beat yourself up to make it happen, either.

I'm not doing meetings anymore, just WW Online. This is because even though meetings are AWESOMELY helpful, you tend to start hearing some of the same things over and over. Though on the other hand, repetition is important to help you ingrain new habits. But there's also the price - doing it online is a lot cheaper! :) I do miss the camaraderie though.

Part of the reason for this blog is having an opportunity for expression, like meetings, and to try to remember and share all the stuff I've learned. So here are some things I remember hearing my leader and/or other members say in those meetings, since a lot of them turned into guidelines for me to live by.

Helpful stuff I remember from WW meetings...

Quotes
  • Nothing tastes as good as thin (healthy) feels
  • Don't give up what you really want for what you want now
  • I already know what that tastes like, so I don't need to eat it!
Tips
  • When eating salad, get dressing on the side and then dip the fork in the dressing before you spear the veggies. You get a good amount of flavor while using a lot less dressing. Or, better yet, check out some of those spray dressings. My personal faves are Newman's Own Salad Mists, but some others are pretty good too, such as Wishbone Salad Spritzers.
More to come!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment