Exercise in the Morning!

So this week I switched to morning exercise. Hallelujah! I did this in the past and I was surprised as how well it worked for me. This is saying a lot for someone who is really not a morning person.

I did this because I've found that I'm just too tired after work, as a rule, to go to the gym. I was working on an earlier job schedule (7:30am to 4:30pm), thinking I could go after work, before dinner, but it turned into a losing battle. Even with the longer summer days! I was wondering why I was "too lazy" to want to go to the gym after work, since I am a cubicle monkey or whatever we corporate types are calling ourselves these days. In other words, it seems like, hey, if all I do is sit in front of a computer all day, why would I be "too tired" to go work out? It didn't seem to make sense.

But then recently I read a blurb in one of my fitness magazines that it was actually better to exercise in the morning, as mental fatigue can affect physical performance. Here is a link to a full article on the subject from the UK Telegraph online. Now this definitely makes sense to me, as all of this "brain work" I do on the computer is really quite taxing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment